14 Feb 2008

What's it all about?

I am looking for Figs and Lavender to be a little different to other food blogs. Deciphering exactly what I want this to be about has been more difficult than I thought, so below is a list of the things I am interested in and will (I think at the moment) be writing about:



  • Farmers’ markets
  • Producers
  • Food shops
  • How to shop locally


          • Food for thought - interesting stuff that makes you think
          • Naturally gluten free cooking and eat out
          • Slow food
          • Anything I learn along the way
          I am sometimes a little fanatical about food, and always have my ear pinned to the ground listening out for something foodie I may have missed. I love to attend events, talks and courses to learn as much as I can about the food I eat. I also have a serious weakness for books. But even with my ten short years of studying and working in broad areas of the industry, there is still so much that I want to learn...

          So, I suppose that my aim on this blog is to pass this learning on, sharing with you the fruits of my labour as I go. That, plus encouraging everyone to connect with food again, to buy local seasonal foods made by producers who care. In the meantime, any key food event, shop, book, or recipe I have missed along the way, please let me know. I would love to hear from you and any feedback is also very welcome.

          As one Spanish proverb so accuratley puts it - “The belly rules the mind" and it certainly does on this blog!

          No comments: