29 Aug 2008

What is coeliac disease?

Even though this blog has been up and running for a while, it was pointed out to me recently that there isn't much information about the disease, how to deal with it etc. My man pointed this out to me when planning our big trip to the US in September and needed somewhere to point one of the B&B's we are staying at about what I can eat. So, this is the beginning of my idiots guide to Coeliac Disease and living a healthy gluten free life!

May I just state though that whilst I will endeavour to source my information as accurately as possible, most of this will be based on my own experience, so please take nothing you read to be the gospel truth. One of the most useful sites about the condition is Coeliac UK who do a grand job fighting the gluten free corner, and who have a useful team of nutritionists at the end of a phone to help.

No comments: