7 Dec 2009

Best of 2009 Blog Challenge - moment of peace

I have had a change of plan for my contribution to the Best of 2009 Blog Challenge. I am enjoying myself far too much to restrict it to just once a week. Remembering all the awesome things that I have done, discovered, learnt this year, I am finding that I have too much to say and share to restrict it to one blog post. So, I am going to write when the inspiration takes me, enjoy the memories and the time to reminisce over a steaming cup of coffee.

Today, it’s all about the best moment of peace. Before this year, I know I would have struggled to write about a moment of peace. But the challenge this year was to find me some, and strangely living in an overpopulated, chaotic, noisy developing country, I found it...by the sack load, in yoga with ohms, chanting... the whole caboodle!

It began with a daily dawn walk to early morning classes for three solid weeks. It ended in head stand and a truly peaceful mind for the first time in my life. I haven’t quite managed to bring this discipline through with me to my London life, despite having the time, but I have kept with me an understanding of how to breathe, how to be flexible, strong and focused and most importantly peaceful.

Ohm to that!

You may also enjoy reading:

Best of 2009


No comments: