4 Oct 2011

Flourless peanut butter cookies

Cooler days and rare hour to spare leads me to the warmth of the kitchen to bake. Whilst I have been relishing the challenge of free from cooking, I wanted to indulge Jack this time round with one of his favourites but also take something to a gathering of our new baby buddies. After sharing the ups and downs of new motherhood over the past year, I felt like we needed something to celebrate. But in the face of my new reality, I ran out of time! Typical - trying to do too much at once. However I did just manage to squeeze in a few trays of quick gluten free cookies, courtesy of one of my favourite blogs 3191 Miles Apart.

Whenever I come across a naturally gluten free recipe - and this is happening more and more - I bookmark it or tear it out and stuff it into my food folder book which is bursting with recipes I want to cook. But these Peanut Butter Cookies are so quick and easy to make, so moreish, and keep for ages that I wanted to share them with my new mum friends (and secretly see if they realised they were free from flour!).

Perfect with a afternoon cup of tea whilst my little man takes a nap in this unseasonably late sunshine. A small sweet indulgence. Quick to bake and even quicker to eat!


Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Ingredients
2 cups smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2/ cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
Chocolate chunks / drops

Recipe
Preheat the oven to 180oC and line a baking tray with baking parchment or reusable bake-o-glide.
Blend all the ingredients together thoroughly.
Roll into 25g balls (about the size of a large walnut)
Bake for 12 mins turning around half way through for an even bake.
Leave to cool for 5 mins on the tray then transfer to wire rack for cooling.

No comments: